Is it hot in here?
The weather is finally turning warmer – but this may be too warm for some women. Hot flushes, night sweats and irregular bleeding can all be common symptoms of the menopause or peri-menopause.
Not everyone suffers these symptoms. Our adrenal glands are meant to take over hormonal control from the pituitary gland at menopause. However, if they have been overworked due to prolonged stress then the menopausal symptoms can appear. The liver also plays a role in detoxing and processing hormones. Similarly, if the liver has been overburdened with dietary, lifestyle or drug toxins then menopausal symptoms can occur.
There are more than 34 (yes, 34!) separate symptoms officially associated with the menopause! Anxiety, fatigue, weight gain, memory loss, hair loss, insomnia, joint pain, headaches, incontinence….it’s quite shocking, isn’t it?
In our modern world, we are stressed, oestrogen-dominant and disconnected from nature. Menopause can also trigger and identity crisis – ‘Who am I now?’ You may have an empty nest or feeling that you are becoming older. Homeopathy can bring hope for the distressing physical symptoms and confusing emotional ones.
Our bodies are amazing, self-healing organisms! We can invest in our inherited constitutions. You can clear, renew and connect to your powers of resilience.
5 Ways to ease menopausal symptoms right now:
1) Take a daily essential fatty acid such as Omega 3 and 6 fish oils or flaxseeds
2) Absorb some magnesium trans-dermally, either with an Epsom salt bath or Betteryou spray (see my blog Magnificent Magnesium)
3) Eat some fermented foods like kefir, kombucha tea or sauerkraut.
4) Eat organic meat and dairy to decrease exposure to synthetic hormones.
5) Practice meditation, exercise and mindfulness to be at peace with yourself.
Email/ call me if you are suffering with menopausal symptoms and could do with a helping hand!