Arthritis and other Musculo-skeletal issues
Do you suffer with any of the following?
– Repetitive Strain Injury
– Frozen shoulder
– Golfers Elbow
– Tennis Elbow
– Carpel Tunnel Syndrome
– Lower back pain
More than 10 million people in the UK have arthritis or a similar joint condition. These affect children as well as adults.
Common symptoms include: pain, swelling of joints, redness and heat on joint areas, stiffness and limited range of movement. Long term pain can really affect quality of life and mental health of those afflicted.
Conventional medicine normally offers anti-inflammatories such as NSAID drugs (e.g. ibuprofen, diclofenac, naproxen). Often arthritis is seen as an accepted side-effect of growing older.
Are there any dietary or natural treatments that may help with these debilitating conditions? Here are my 5 top dietary tips for arthritis-type conditions:
- Increase sulphur-rich foods e.g. eggs, onions, asparagus, garlic
- Eat more fresh pineapple. It contains bromelain which is an anti-inflammatory ingredient.
- Increase histadine-rich foods e.g. meat, fish, cheese, nuts, seeds, eggs, beans
- Eat more ‘good’ fats e.g. butter, avocados, coconut oil, essential fatty acids such as omega 3/6/9
- Avoid these foods: processed foods, gluten, alcohol, fried foods, citrus fruits, salt, paprika, Solanaceae vegetables which are from the ‘Night-shade’ family including fresh tomatoes, potatoes, aubergine and bell peppers. These can all cause inflammation. Try cutting down on these and see if this makes a difference to your pain levels.
Homeopathy offers us many wonderful remedies which can ease pain, increase mobility and soothe inflammatory conditions. Email me to book in now!